Canada widely regarded as one of the world’s most livable countries. It renowned for providing equal opportunities. Great education, abundant commercial opportunities, self-improvement, first-rate infrastructure, and a high standard of living are all provided by Canada. It ensures that everyone can live a life of greater enjoyment. One reason the country regularly welcomes a staggering number of outsiders from all around the world is its friendly movement policies. Its the biggest reason that most of teh applicants wants to apply for Canada PR.
Read this blog which provides a detailed explanation of the reasons behind why large number of people are travelling to Canada to become very durable residents (PR) as well as information on how to get Canada PR visa.
Why opt for Canada PR?
Most Indians who want to immigrate and gain permanent residence choose to go to Canada. It is one of the most popular options for those looking for a high-quality lifestyle in the West. The main reasons that millions of people decide to relocate to Canada every year are:
- Huge Nation: With a relatively low population density, it is the second-largest nation in world.
- Excellent healthcare system: Considered among the best globally, healthcare is provided to Permanent Residents at no cost.
- Diverse Population: The population is made diverse by the broad immigration policies and the welcoming culture.
- Appealing job market: There is a great deal of employment available due to the economy’s steady stability.
- Low rates of crime: Canada has one of the lowest rates of crime worldwide, making it one of the safest nations.
- Peaceful: Most people find it simple to socialize with the hospitable and peaceful locals.
What do you mean by Canadian Permanent Resident Visa?
Those are basically nationals of another country but wish to live permanently in Canada, granted a Canadian PR visa. Most social and healthcare benefits can be obtained through Canadian permanent residence. In addition to offering residents protection under Canadian law, the PR visa permits them to work or study anywhere in the nation. A bearer of a PR visa may petition for citizenship in Canada after spending a predetermined amount of time there.
Benefits of having a Canada Permanent Residency:
A Canadian PR card has the following top 5 advantages:
- A five-year visa with numerous entries.
- A “family status” that permits the spouse and applicant to work full-time.
- Free health care, social services, and education for kids are provided to the whole family.
- Chance to invite parents after they’ve settled in.
- Entry to the United States of America.
Eligibility Requirements for Canada PR:
The list of requirements for Canadian permanent residence is provided below. Read it before applying.
- Experience at work
- Language proficiency
- Employment arrangement
- Certificate of Police Verification
It is necessary for applicants to have some sort of connection to the province to apply for a Canada PR visa through the PNP program. Applicant have option of studying or working in that province. If an employer in the province has extended a job offer, applicant must qualify. They have to receive 67 points out of 100 in the eligibility criteria listed below:
- Age: 18 to 35-years applicants earn the most points. The upper age limit to be eligible is 45 years old, while those beyond 35 receive fewer points.
- Education: To qualify for this category, applicant must qualify degree must meet Canadian standards for upper secondary education.
- Experience at Work: Applicant must have a minimum of one year of full-time job experience to receive minimum points. Longer years of employment translate into higher points. The National Occupational Classification (NOC) must list occupation as Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B.
- Language proficiency: Applicant IELTS score must be less than two years old and have at least six bands. If candidate speak French well, they will receive additional credit.
- Flexibility: Applicant will receive an additional 10 points if common-law partner or spouse is willing to immigrate to Canada with applicant.
- Employment arrangement: If candidate have a legitimate offer from a Canadian employer, they can earn up to 10 points.
What documents required for a Canada PR visa?
In addition to other pertinent documents, candidate must present documentation based on the traits:
- Transcripts of Education
- Experience Letters for Work
- WES Report Qualification
- Score from the IELTS exam
- Original passport
- Proof of identity, and
- Medical & police clearance certificates
How to Calculate CRS score for PR?
To achieve the requirements for residency in Canada, applicant must receive 67 points out of 100. The spouse’s points will also be considered when applying for permanent residence.
The applicant must use the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool on the IRCC website to determine their point total for a Canada PR visa. They will be able to obtain their CRS scores by responding to a series of questions about their education, language proficiency, employment history, other abilities, and adaptability. They will receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence in Canada based on their rank in the Express Entry pool, which is determined by their score.
- 12 points for age
- Education: up to 25 points
- Maximum 15 points for work experience
- Language Proficiency: Maximum 28 points
- Flexibility: Maximum of 10 points
- Arranged Work: Up to 10 points.
Distinguish between Citizenship & Canada PR:
An immigrant cannot initially get Canadian citizenship, which is the primary distinction between a permanent resident and a citizen of Canada. They must first apply to become a permanent resident of Canada before they may become citizens. A permanent resident cannot apply for a Canadian passport or actively participate in national politics like a Canadian citizen. Another distinction between the two is that a Canadian citizen does not have to keep his citizenship, however a permanent residence visa must be maintained or renewed.
Steps to apply for a Canada PR Visa?
Internationals students who want to apply for PR in Canada must fulfil all eligibility requirements. Submit the application from India and follow the instructions below:
STEP 1: Before start with the application procedure, complete the English proficiency exams. Make sure applicants get the necessary score on ILETS exam. Applicants can also take a French language test.
STEP 2: Based on the specifications of the chosen immigration program, submit the application.
STEP 3: Make sure that all the necessary documents should be submitted. Keep in mind that all documents should be authenticated.
STEP 4: Assemble the essential papers as evidence of the ability to pay for the stay in Canada. Prepare police verification documents and medical examination results.
STEP 5: An immigration officer will examine all the paperwork as a requirement. Be ready to give any further details that may be needed.
STEP 6: A COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) card and proof of the PR status will be sent to the applicant.
STEP7: Book a flight to Canada and apply for PR card.
Types of PNP:
For applicants with a score below 400, the well-liked Provincial nominee program is a crucial route. The requirements for eligibility vary by province.
- BC provincial Nominee program (British Columbia)
- Alberta Immigration Nominee Program (AINP)
- Nova Scotia Nominee program
- Manitoba provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- Prince Edward Island PNP
- YNP (Yukon Nominee Program)
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
- SINP (Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program)
- Newfoundland & Labrador Provincial Nominee Program
- OINP (Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program)
If obtaining permanent residence in Canada is applicants goal, start the application procedure right now, become a permanent resident, and realize ambition! For more detailed information, visit our office DY Immigration & meet with our experts.
Q1. Is it simple to get PR in Canada?
Ans: It’s not that hard to become a permanent resident of Canada. Applicants must pass the language proficiency scores and meet all the IRCC’s requirements.
Q2. How long is a visa for PR is valid in Canada?
Ans: A candidate will be granted permanent residence in Canada, allowing them to stay and work there for an unlimited period. But after a set amount of time in the nation, the resident may decide to apply for citizenship; otherwise, it expires after five years and must be renewed.
Q3. What number of points does an Indian citizen need to obtain Canadian PR?
Ans: Candidates who seek for permanent residence in Canada must get an invitation from the IRCC to apply for permanent residence with a minimum score of 67 out of 100.
Q4. Can I study in Canada & apply for PR?
Ans: International students may seek for permanent residence in Canada while they are enrolled in classes or after they graduate. If they fulfill the requirements of the Canadian immigration program for which they are seeking, they will be given permanent residence (PR).
Q5. How long does it take to get a permanent resident visa for Canada?
Ans: The duration of the processing period for a PR visa might range from six months to a year, depending upon the immigration option applicant selected.