All about child/dependent sponsorship & how you can sponsor your child for Canada immigration.
When a child becomes eligible to fulfill the requirement of a dependent and the parent is eligible to be a sponsor too, the parent can apply for the child for Canadian permanent residence.
Eligibility Requirements for Child Sponsorship
To qualify for the child sponsorship program, both the sponsoring parent and the dependent child must meet the eligibility requirements listed, as determined by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Requirements For Parent To Sponsor A Child To Immigrate To Canada
To be eligible as a sponsor, a parent needs to be at least 18 years old. Along with Canadian citizenship or permanent resident ship holders.
The sponsor must agree to provide the dependent child with all the necessities. Sponsors also have to sign an undertaking, accepting to provide economic aid to the dependent child.
Conditions Make A Parent Ineligible Of Being A Sponsor For Their Child:
- If the sponsoring parent him/herself being sponsored less than 5 years of applying for a sponsor application.
- Doesn’t have enough financial aid or proof of funds to qualify sponsor eligibility.
- If the sponsoring parents want to move out of Canada with the dependent child.
- If the parent/s are permanent residents of Canada but choose to live outside of Canada.
(For more details connect with DY Immigration experts)
- If the sponsoring parent is getting social aid for a reason other than a disability.
- If the parent has been convicted of certain criminal offenses, (especially offenses against relatives ) or is in jail serving their sentence.
Canada Immigration Prerequisites For Children To Be Sponsored:
To be eligible for sponsorship the child must meet Canada’s description of a dependent.
It can be done in only two ways.
- The sponsored child must be under the age of 22, with no spouse or a common-law partner.
- The dependent child older than 22 years needs to prove they are dependent on their sponsor and unable to support themselves financially. The reasons can be mental or physical condition.
Note: Canada has a different procedure for sponsoring adopted children, for more details connect with DY Immigration experts today!
To learn more about dependent sponsorships, visa-related queries, and PR processes, Contact us Today!
Fulfill your Canadian dream with the ease of DY Immigration’s efficient services. From Free consultation to all kinds of visa-related services.
DY Immigration is your one-stop solution!!