Canada is one of the most preferred immigration destinations in the world. Millions of immigrants around the world are gearing up for Canada in search of better living, work opportunities and starting fresh in a country with a growing economy.
While Canada aims to build their newly formed communities on the pillars of trust, crime-free, and integrity. The huddles of misrepresentation, frauds and still need to clear out.
For a long time, the Canadian government worked toward the solution of the issues. There is still a long way to go.
Let’s discuss some of the most common frauds in Canadian immigration and what are the consequences legally.
Fake Marriages or Relationships Frauds
Canadian Immigration officers have rejected 1700+ Immigration applications in the year 2017. Over the last decade, the number of spousal sponsorship applications received by IRCC has increased by 32 per-cent. However, there’s not much fluctuation in the number of fraud cases.
To identify the fraud like fake marriages, marriages of convenience, and others, The IRCC officers are trained well to assess the authenticity of relationships. Through evidence, written proofs, and interactive observation of the applicants.
- Consequences for engaging in marriage fraud can cost you much more than the actual wedding. Keep this in mind as the legal fine can be up to $100,000.
- Additionally, it can cost you five years of Imprisonment.
To solve and decrease these types of frauds the government has made new shifts in the rules for spousal sponsorship. To make it even more convenient. The removal of rules such as two years mandatory live-in with a legal partner to get the PR status and others have been relaxed. It’s a ray of hope to decrease the fraud cases.
It’s a severe crime to lie or send untrue information through speech or documentation to IRCC.This type of fraud is called misrepresentation.
In this type of fraud, the documents are either false or altered documents to satisfy the condition.
- Passports and travel documents
- Educational certificates
- Fake documents like birth certificates, marriage, separation or divorce certificates
- Death and police certificates.
This misrepresentation of information in front of IRCC officers, whether in speech or written format is considered a crime and has furthermore consequences.
By false information and documentation, there will be a refusal of the application.
- It will forbid the applicant from entering Canada for at least 5 years.
- Strip off the permanent resident or Canadian citizen status.
- The legal penalty for criminal charges and deportation.
How To Report A Fraud Suspension?
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is specifically created to deal with immigration frauds such as:
- A marriage of convenience
- a person wanted on an immigration warrant
- False information on an immigration application or others.
The Canadian government makes sure the witness’s identity stays protected.
There are certain ways defined specifically for reporting immigration frauds.
- You can report the fraud through the official website CitizenshipFraudTips-Fraudedecitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
- Call at 1-888-502-9060 directly.
Visit the official website for guidelines and know more.
The best way to deal with these frauds is to be authentic and genuine in your approach from the beginning. Get the assurance of 100% legal procedure. Contact DY Immigration Consultants. The best Canada immigration consultants in Chandigarh for all your visa-related services.